Thursday, November 17, 2011

Psalm 116:1 I Love The Lord, For He Heard My Voice; He Heard My Cry For Mercy. 2 Because He Turned His Ear To Me, I Will Call On Him As Long As I Live. 3 The Cords Of Death Entangled Me, The Anguish Of The Grave Came Upon Me; I Was Overcome By Trouble And Sorrow. 4 Then I Called On The Name Of The Lord: "O Lord, Save Me!"

In our pain, we can reach our moments of desperation. We fall down. We make mistakes. We go the direction opposite of what the Lord wants us to go. We can love what God detests. We can be absorbed in what is sinful. In our fallen state, when we see what we have done, when we cry out to the Lord for mercy, He will come to us. When we are overcome with our sorrow, He will come to us and comfort us. When we have fallen and the chords of death are pulling us down to the pit, Christ Jesus will rescue us from the inescapable darkness. Before we ask Him, He hears our crying. Before we ask Him, He brings us His consolation. Before we ask Him, He cleanses us of every unrighteousness. The Lord's compassion knows no bounds. The Lord's love for us knows no limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment