Saturday, May 5, 2012

Isaiah 43:2 When You Pass Through The Waters, I Will Be With You; And When You Pass Through The Rivers, They Will Not Sweep Over You. When You Walk Through The Fire, You Will Not Be Burned; The Flames Will Not Set You Ablaze.

When we physically hurt do we think about spiritual things or the physical pain? When people get hurt do they curse God or thank God? In suffering we are alone because we are locked into the physical.

There is a comfort in God's presence in suffering.

When you are suffering, who do you think about most, yourself or others? We tend to trust ourselves more than we trust God when we are suffering, but jesus said

John 14:1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

We get lost in the suffering, we lose our vision of the future or for the future, but Jesus said.

John 14:2-3 (NIV) "In my father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

To make sense out of the insensible, to bring all the pieces together when we have gone to pieces, Paul said…Romans 8:28 "and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

All things work for the believer's good if: 1. You love the lord with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might 2. You do the will or purpose of God. So in your suffering, what will you do? Who will you become? In suffering we cannot see out of the darkness, but Paul said 2 Corinthians 4:17 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

No comments:

Post a Comment